Playlist.com


Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the Season

Over the last week or so our family has been getting into the Christmas spirit. The tree and outside lights went up Grey Cup Sunday (as is my wife's tradition--and yes, that was more than a week ago). More recently, we have been getting some presents wrapped and put under the tree to make it look more Christmasy. I have downloaded our favorite Christmas songs, and some that we really don't like, but like making fun of. I also spent an evening with the kids folding, cutting out, colouring, and hanging snowflakes from a ceiling. We even got a wreath for the front door and after some debate on the best method for hanging it, got it put up.


And our most recent foray into the season was the purchase of some Santy Claus hats for the family.

Declan immediately saw and fell in love with the one she got, which really is rather cute.





It took a bit of looking around for Knox, who wanted something cool, but was disappointed when all the cool, boy hats were adult size. He finally found one that is made from some neat fuzzy material and he loves it.

Again, I found one pretty quick for myself, the goofier the better, and just had to have it. I am looking forward to Monday when I will wear it to school.



Jen wasn't there, and to tell you the truth I really didn't think I would ever get her to wear one; so to increase the odds I bought her the plainest, most authentic hat I could find. And she is wearing it at dance all this week.







Oakley was the hardest to buy one for because her head is so small. They didn't have any at the dollar stores, where the others all came from, and we looked and looked. We even checked out the baby department in WalMart thinking they might have some, but the only one they had was part of a 3 piece suit and the biggest size was 12 months. It turned out that WalMart's seasonal department had some Santy Claus hats and we were able to find one that fits her beautifully.


The kids wear their hats any time we go out anywhere, all three of them, and they get some pretty good looks from people, especially Oakley. We have not all worn the hats out as a family yet, but I hope to be able to talk Jen into it when Christmas week arrives.



1 comment:

Dave Groff said...

Cute hats. Even cuter kids. You'll be the talk of Grande Prairie! I'll be watching for the news story.

Dad