Playlist.com


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Sickness

Over the last week our household has been hit pretty hard with a nasty cold . . . or something. Last Thursday I woke up with a sore throat. By Friday I had difficulty swallowing. It quickly made its way into the sinuses caused headaches and dizziness. I was sore all over and exhausted.

I hate getting sick. On Friday I was determined not to let this cold beat me and continued to live my life as though I were well. I have found that by doing so has stopped the cold in its tracks. But not this time. After going to my staff party Saturday night I couldn't make it to church the next day. I also had to get a sub in to teach my classes on Monday and Tuesday. I hate being sick. Planning for subs is a lot more work than simply planning my own lessons. And yeah, it meant I still had to work while being at home sick.

Today is Wednesday, and though I felt improved today, still am not 100%. But I was teaching and it felt good to be back.

The thing I hate most about getting sick, beside feeling terrible and having to get a sub, is passing it on to the rest of the family. On Saturday and Sunday Knox also was not feeling well, though he seemed to get over it without getting the brunt of it. Monday Oakley began to show symptoms and Jen is talking about taking her to the doctor tomorrow if she hasn't significantly improved. Declan went to bed feeling badly last night and was up a lot crying. She missed school and dance today, but is determined to make it tomorrow. We'll see. So far Jen is sickness-free and we are all hoping she stays that way, because if she gets it the whole house falls apart.

Pray for us.

2 comments:

Dave Groff said...

It always amazes me how something so UN-life-threatening can make us feel so rotten! When I get a bad cold I wish I could just die(not really but you know what I mean).

Another reason to look forward to Heaven! No colds there.

Praying for you all today-for God's strength as well as a quick end to your colds.

Oh, just remembered a Beverly Hillbillies episode where Granny concocted a sure-fire remedy to cure the common cold. You just take this stuff and in seven to ten days you're all better!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Knox are feeling better. Jen seems to think that Oakley is also recovering. As of this morning, Jen still seemed to be ok. Hipe you are back to 100% soon.

Mom K