Playlist.com


Monday, October 6, 2008

Change

Jen and I were talking on the weekend about buying a house (something that is still at least another 2 years off) and I made a comment that I didn't think I would ever want to buy a house because like change too much. I don't usually like staying in the same place doing the same thing for a very long time. That means that every year or two (at the most) I start to get a bit antsy, restless, ready for a change. If I buy a house that means I'm stuck where I am, that I've made a commitment and have to stay. That isn't something that I've liked to do. I grew up with a lot of change in where I lived--3 different provinces and moving between two of them twice a year for four years, and 4 different cities; and since I've been married (11 years) we have lived in 3 different cities and 9 different houses. Likewise, I have had more jobs than I care to recount.

But I got to thinking today that for the first time in my life I am actually happy in the job I am in and extremely happy with Grande Prairie. I go to work most mornings excited to be a teacher (though sometimes I come home a little less excited) and I hate it when I have to miss days. True, it has only been one year, but I am really very satisfied and feeling fulfilled. I'm even to the point where I am thinking I could make a home out here in GP. And that is a nice feeling.

No comments: